List of active policies
|Participant Release and Waiver of Liability||Site policy||All users|
|COVID-19 Waiver||Site policy||All users|
|Volunteer Signup 志工服務調查||Other policy||Authenticated users|
|Refund Policy 退費辦法||Other policy||Authenticated users|
|Media Release||Site policy||All users|
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS! IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SECTION IS NON-APPLICABLE, PLEASE CROSS IT OUT.
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) releases the Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation and its affiliated entities (hereinafter referred to as “Tzu Chi”), a nonprofit organized and existing under the laws of the United States as a Section 501(c) (3) charitable organization, each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents.
I, as Parent/Guardian, on behalf of Student/Minor, do hereby give the consent to participate in all activities of Tzu Chi.
I desire to engage in activities related to serving or participating in the Tzu Chi’s activities as a volunteer, player or participant. I am responsible for the Participant’s own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of participation in activities of Tzu Chi.
1. Waiver and Release: I hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Tzu Chi and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the activities as a Participant with Tzu Chi, including claims arising out of negligence. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Tzu Chi from any liability or claim that I may have against Tzu Chi with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the Participant’s involvement in Tzu Chi’s activities.
2. Insurance: I affirm that the Participant is covered by primary medical insurance and understand that I am responsible for the Participant’s medical bills if injury occurs. Further, I understand that Tzu Chi does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide the Participant with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of the Participant’s injury, illness, death or damage to his or her property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Tzu Chi beyond what may be offered freely by Tzu Chi in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by the Participant.
3. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the activities provided by Tzu Chi and which the Participant is involved in may include activities that are inherently dangerous to the Participant. We hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm of the Participant from these activities and release Tzu Chi from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from these activities.
4. Medical Treatment: I hereby release and forever discharge Tzu Chi from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during the Participant’s activity with Tzu Chi. I give our consent for the Tzu Chi to provide, administer, or obtain medical treatment for the Participant.
5. Food Experience/Allergy Permission:
I declare Participant can participate in food related activities.
6. Waiver/Release for Communicable Diseases Including Covid-19 (Exhibit 1 form).
7. Other: I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the respective state and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the respective state . We agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability knowingly and voluntarily.
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19
ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate on Tzu Chi program and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Tzu Chi their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IF FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to my child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, my child/ward understands and accepts these risks and responsibilities. I for myself, my spouse, and child/ward do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s/ward’s presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.
We welcome you to help cultivate students’ learning experience. Your participation will undoubtedly contribute towards students’ academic success. Every effort counts! Devote yourself to the Academy today for your child’s success tomorrow!
Activities include but are not limited to: photography, article writing, activity preparation, teaching assistance, classroom assistance, material organization and documentation, activity documentation, administrative preparation, activity coordination, community caring, school safety, bell assistant, school greeting services, etc.
We welcome your participation; we are grateful to have you!
I agree to volunteer and engage in my child's school work and school activities if required by school.
- Refund processing time may take 3~4 weeks, NO REFUND will be given for the registration fee
- Requests received before school start: 100% refund after deducting $30 processing fee.
- Requests received during school 4th Week (include 4th week): 75% refund after deducting $30 processing fee.
- Requests received during school 5th to 7th Week (include 7th week): 50% refund after deducting $30 processing fee.
- Tuition is not refundable after 7th Week.
- 第四週(含第四週)或之前申請退費，退還 75除手續費$30
- 第五週至第七週(含第七週)申請退費，退還 50% 學雜費但需扣除手續費$30
I, as Parent/Guardian on behalf of Student/Minor, hereby grant and convey to Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation and its affiliated entities (hereinafter referred to as “Tzu Chi”), a nonprofit organized and existing under the laws of the United States as a Section 501(c) (3) charitable organization, each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents all right, title, and interest in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of the Participant’s likeness or voice made by Tzu Chi in connection with the Participant’s involvement in Tzu Chi’s events, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.